Coronavirus, COVID-19 outbreak spreading worldwide has kind of hit the “pause” button on our lives. Now that the conferences and flights are being canceled and events are being rescheduled, the schools and offices are closed, a lot of us are trying to figure out what to do.
The real question is. Would you waste your kids time by letting them watch netflix or sitting idle and waiting for situations to be in control?
Or would you rather use this time wisely to upgrade your kids’ learning and skills in a fun way.
Wonderlives.org always aims to help people specifically parents and so here we are with a list of best online resources that can help you and your kids to get the best out of this time and learn something new.
1. BrainPop- Animated Educational Site for Kids. Offers over 1,000 short animated movies for students in grades K-12, together with quizzes and related materials, covering the subjects of science, social studies, English, math, engineering and technology, health, and arts and music.
Youtube Channel- https://www.youtube.com/brainpop
2. Curiosity Stream- It exclusively delivers nonfiction documentaries and series about science, nature, history, technology, society and lifestyle.
3. Outschool- Spark your child’s curiosity with access to 10,000 small group video chat classes—created and taught by inspiring teachers.
4. Udemy- Offers the ultimate High-Quality On-Demand Online Courses!
5. Beast Academy (Math)- Beast Academy is a series of engaging illustrated textbooks and workbooks from the math beasts at Art of Problem Solving.
6. Khan Academy- The organization produces short and awesome lessons in the form of videos.
7. Tynker- Tynker is an educational programming platform aimed at teaching children how to make games and programs.
8. Creative Bug- Creativebug is your go-to resource for high-quality, on-trend arts and crafts instructional videos for drawing, painting, sketchbooking, sewing, quilting, knitting, jewelry making, and much more.
Youtube Link- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Kp8JjsqrtlqeIF7RgatPg
9. Discovery Education- Home to award-winning digital textbook and, multimedia content
10. Iready- i‑Ready Learning is a collection of rigorous reading and mathematics instructional resources designed to address every student’s learning needs, accelerate growth, and enable all students to access grade-level learning.
Learning should not stop even if the school’s out. In the coming weeks, Wonderlives will be sharing many useful resources, youtube channels etc. so that your little ones can keep learning.
In our next post we will be sharing a list of free websites that will be a great help for Kindergarten kids to learn by fun. Stay tuned with WonderLives. See ya!
About WonderLives – www.WonderLives.org was established with the primary goal of supporting parents worldwide through the various stages of parenthood. We are a collective of inspired and experienced humans, eager to guide parents and help them seek the wonder in the art of parenting. We aim to collaborate with everyone aligned to raising the PQ (Parenting Quotient) of humanity. We bring expert content about diverse topics directly from experienced mentors to parents.