COVID-19, the disease caused by a new coronavirus, has rapidly spread globally and is now a pandemic. Many pregnant women are concerned about the impact of COVID 19 on the health of both themselves & their baby. Numerous questions may be striking to women these days. Wonderlives has assembled some data that can be useful to ladies during this pandemic.
1. How can I manage anxiety in pregnancy during the pandemic?
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Abstain from contacting your face particularly your eyes, mouth and nose
- Maintain social distancing & stay away from sick people
- Always wear cloth mask in public area
- Stay at home as much as possible
2. How can I manage anxiety in pregnancy during the pandemic?
- Avoid constant news updates.
- Talk to your friends & family.
- Focus on your well being.
- Talk to your midwife or doctor.
- Practice yoga & meditation daily.
3. What are the symptoms of coronavirus?
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle pains & headache
4. What Impact could coronavirus have on newborn?
Some research is still required as this is a new virus & more is being learned about it every day.
Mother-to-child transmission of COVID-19 during pregnancy is unlikely. However, after birth, a newborn can be infected after being in close contact with an infected person.
5. How can pregnant women prepare for coronavirus?
As it is suggested by doctors that even if there is not a single case of COVID 19 in your area, you still need to take precautions and stay at home as much as possible. Limit your interactions with others outside of your immediate family. It will be acceptable to stock up on a few essential items, such as- medications and frozen foods. Avoid public transport when possible.
6. Is it Safe to Deliver My Baby in a Hospital Now?
Yes, Hospitals and birth centers are taking every precaution needed to make sure moms and babies are safe. Most health care facilities keep patients with coronavirus or symptoms of the virus away from others and in isolation wards.
But to be confirmed, talk to your midwife/doctor & take guidance for better & healthy delivery of your baby.
7. Once I have given birth, what can I do to protect my newborn from the COVID-19 virus?
The best thing you can do is to keep it simple: stick to your family & don’t ask visitors right now. Ask your family to wash their hands every time before touching the baby.
About WonderLives – www.WonderLives.org was established with the primary goal of supporting parents worldwide through the various stages of parenthood. We are a collective of inspired and experienced humans, eager to guide parents and help them seek the wonder in the art of parenting. We aim to collaborate with everyone aligned to raising the PQ (Parenting Quotient) of humanity. We bring expert content about diverse topics directly from experienced mentors to parents.